Saturday, April 12, 2014

A baby named J

My little J man is getting SO big!! He's not even a newborn anymore.



It seems like I've been loving lists lately so let's continue with the new tradition (don't worry not all my blog posts will have lists... well maybe not. No promises)

So what shall I list about today?? How about the baby named J

1. He's still super congested :( woody gets some seriously giganticaly big boogies out. (When is J too old for me to discuss his boogies?? I'm thinking never)



2. He's awake!! Oh HELLO BABY! So good to see your eyes :) he's had some days where he only sleeps in 20 minute increments. I'm not a fan of these. I think he gets over tired. But he's the boss! And if you don't believe me just ask him



3. He smiles and he talks! Now we aren't talking paragraphs or anything but we've gotten some good cooing sentences. And woody is the best at brining out his smiles! Makes mommy a little bit jealous I mean totally happy. Ok. Both. 



4. We have been struggling with sleeping lately. J is the loudest sleeper I have ever heard. He is constantly grunting and moving and I was constantly getting up to check on him. So wood and I decided to move him into his crib in his own room. 

The first night ended like this.  Notice the disgruntled look
After a lot of tears were shed (from j and mom) he ended up in his pack n play in our room. 

The next night went much smoother 

I mean who wouldn't sleep good when you have so many options??

We moved his pack n play into his room and put a nightlight in and he was a much happier baby!!

I'm not sure if j is sleeping better (cuz I no longer hear all his grunts) but I sure am!!

5. He had 2 play dates without me!!

Shanis boys took good care of j money. 


6. J has become an early riser! He likes to wake up around 7 or 8 and is all smiles! It's my favorite part of the day. 


Life around here is getting fun! We are loving our more alert baby who still likes to snuggle


2 comments: