Thursday, January 28, 2010
- Woody and I are currently addicted to HOUSE. We started with innocently buying season 3 at Target during one of the big holiday sales. After watching this we decided we real liked this show and started with season one!
- The Jazz. Although this love is an old one for Woody it is a new one for me. Woody is turning me into an avid Jazz fan, and it all began by buying me a shirt. I now know the names of the players and am learning more about them.
- Puzzles. I have recently found out that Woody is a big fan of puzzles! After eating Sunday dinner at his mom's one night we stayed and worked on a puzzle for a couple of hours. The funny thing is, it was his mom's puzzle and she was in meetings so we finished most of it for her hehe. But after this we brought a puzzle home with us that is now currently on a table in our front room. This puzzle is stinking hard, and we haven't attempted any progress lately.
- Cooking. As a new wife I am learning the art of cooking. Mostly we stick to the basic easy stuff. We have made successful crunchy chicken (so good), Albright casserole, tacos, and other quick but yummy meals. I was so proud the other night. I picked out a new recipe and we tried it. To my surprise it actually turned out good!! I made my very first original (in that neither of us had ever had it) meal!
- Sunday School. Woody and I are Sunday school teachers! We teach the 14 year olds in our ward, and it is a wonderful calling. I love having the opportunity to sit in on his lessons every other week. Woody is such a spiritual giant and he is always amazing me with all of his knowledge! It's nice to have him there while i'm teaching so that he can answer all the questions that I cannot.
- Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites. This is probably our biggest addiction. Since we live in Alpine we drive at least an hour, usally more to and from work school and home. To pass the time we listen to books on tape, and we are on the tenth book of the Tennis shoes series! We love these stories, it is so cool to hear more about biblical and book of mormon times. It is also fun to be able to talk about the story with one another, like reading books together.
Being married is the best!! It is always such a relief to be able to go home to Woody and to never have to say goodnight. It is also my favorite part of the morning when I go into wake him up and snuggle before I leave. I have the best, better than all the rest, husband!
Saturday, January 23, 2010
It has been snowing in utah this past week and it really snowed on friday! I got home around 7:00, the roads weren't bad at all, the snow hadn't really stuck too bad. However, Woody didn't get off work until 9:00 that night and walked out to a car with a couple inches of snow on it. The roads were so bad, and it was still snowing, that it took Woody about 2 hours to make it to Alpine! Once he arrived, he sadly found out that he could not make it up the hills that lead to our house. So he had to park at the church and my faithful Ravioli had to come and pick him up.
My car is such a champ, the snow barely even phases her. It's such a blessing that I decided on a bigger car, otherwise I don't know how Woody and I would get to our house in the snow!!! Thanks daddy for my superstar snow plowing car!! love her
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Just wanted to give a shout out to my mom because it is her birthday today!! She is the bestest mom! And I definitely wouldn't be where I am today without her.