Sunday, March 16, 2014

I peed my pants!! Or did I?

Little j made his appearance on Friday, February 28, 2014

Woody was right.., we had a February baby. 



On Wednesday of that week I took my kids on a mini field trip down to out jr high. It's about a 10 minute walk downhill and then uphill. 

That morning I jokingly texted Woody "I'm going to walk this baby out today".

I was sort of right. 

After the hike I felt like I was leaking..., to keep thing on the non awkward side I'll skip the rest and tell you..

My water broke at school! I was right to fear that. 




But don't worry it was a trickle not a gush (oh shoot sorry went back to awkward). 

I called the doc and moved up my appointment from Thursday afternoon to morning. The nurse tried to get me to go into labor and delivery but I kept thinking "what if I had just peed my pants a little?" (That happens when you're pregnant I guess)


So I went. I measured really small so we did an uls. Poor baby only had one little pocket left of fluid! So I hadn't peed my pants phew! Neither of us really guessed that one... we were in denial



The doctor gave me two choices. We could leave the baby in and check on him again on Monday or we could be induced. He said if it were his wife he'd induce. I was far enough along that baby would come out healthy but if I kept baby in there were more possibilities of something bad happening. 

I felt so overwhelmed with this decision. I called woody and he said we could do whatever I felt was right. I so appreciated that he let me make the decision. So I said let's get induced and woody said "oh good I think so too". Bless him

So I told the doctor and he looked seriously relieved that I said ok.




After I went home, got some lunch, finished packing our bag and waited for woody. 

Woody got what he wanted in 2 ways:
1. He wanted to leave work saying he was having a baby! And he did get to
2. He wanted me to go into labor on a Wednesday or Thursday so it'd be over the weekend and he would miss less work. And I did!



Once we got to the hospital we played the waiting game in more ways then one
1. We had to wait for a room which actually took a while
2. We had to wait for me to dilate and wait and wait
3. We had to wait much longer than I enjoyed for the epidural 
4. After the epidural we waited again for me to dilate wait wait wait. But I didn't mind with the epidural I just slept.



Woody was the best. He was by my side the whole time. I have never felt more love from him than I did during my labor. He is my rock. 

After all of our waiting, it was time! We pushed for about 45 minutes and then we had a little man!!!



Joseph Albright Palmer was born at 1:47 PM. He weighed 7 lbs 4 oz and was 20 inches long. He was perfect.



I loved seeing j and holding him. And I loved seeing woody with him.  I couldn't have asked for a more perfect little family.


No comments:

Post a Comment