Thursday, November 4, 2010

Woody is not one of my students?

In order to prepare myself for teaching I read a book called "love and logic" and it's about management and all this good stuff. The main idea in the book is giving choices. That people don't like being told what to do so all you have to do is give them choices and then instead of complaining they'll pick out of their options. I've heard this elsewhere and my teacher LOVEs it and is always talking about how wonderful it is and how it works on roommates, students, friends and even SPOUSES. I've tried it within the class that I"m in and have found it actually works really good... so i decided to implement it elsewhere


So i had the opportunity tonight while wood was watching a basketball game and I wanted to read my scriptures so I asked if now (during half time) i could mute the tv and read my scriptures and he said no it's his favorite part. So I said "ok can i mute it during the game?" Woody said, of course, NO! So i responded with (thinking i'm so smart) babe would you rather I mute it now or during the game? How do you think he replied......

NEVER! I was here first! So no muting! And then he took the pinchers he had in his hand (he's cooking in the kitchen) and pinched them and said, "i'm squishing your head! squish squish"


Well. so much for a democratic marriage. And I'm telling my teacher that woody does not buy the whole option gig. Major Bummer

2 comments:

  1. Haha! This story is awesome :) Definitely one of those moments where I almost wish I was a fly on the wall so I could've seen it. His response was priceless! I'm spuishing your head? You says that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This was so funny! I just kept laughing :P

    ReplyDelete