Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My First Love....


Captain Jack Sparrow is definitely my first love. When Pirates came out I was obsessed and I would seriously watch the movie every Friday afternoon after getting home from working at my dad's office. And then it turned into my movie to watch whenever I was sick, it's my comfort movie. I haven't watched it in a really long time because Wood says I've seen it way too much, but I must have done something right because the other night he let us watch it!!! And I honestly forgot how much I stinking LOVE this movie especially Jack.. he's the best better than Will Turner in my opinion, and I actually have a poster of Will and a painting of Jack... so cool

Here are some quotes from the first movie oh how I love it...

Enjoy!


Mr. Gibbs: Then, on the fourth day, he roped himself a couple of sea turtles, lashed 'em together and made a raft.
Will Turner: He roped a couple of sea turtles.
Mr. Gibbs: Aye. Sea turtles.
Will Turner: What did he use for rope?
Jack Sparrow: Human hair.
[pause]
Jack Sparrow: From my back


Jack Sparrow: Move away.
Will Turner: No.
Jack Sparrow: Please move?


Will Turner: Where's Elizabeth?
Jack Sparrow: She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington, just like she promised. And you get to die for her, just like you promised. So we're all men of our word really... except for, of course, Elizabeth, who is in fact, a woman.


Pintel: Your'e supposed to be dead!
Jack Sparrow: Am I not?


Norrington: No additional shot nor powder, a compass that doesn't point north,
[looks at Jack's sword]
Norrington: And I half expected it to be made of wood. You are without doubt the worst pirate I've ever heard of.
Jack Sparrow: But you have heard of me


Barbossa: Why thank ye, Jack.
Jack Sparrow: You're welcome.
Barbossa: Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack.

Jack Sparrow: Do us a favor... I know it's difficult for you... but please, stay here, and try not to do anything... stupid.

Jack Sparrow: Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

Will Turner: This is either madness... or brilliance.
Jack Sparrow: It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide.

Jack Sparrow: One question about your business, boy, or there's no use going: This girl... how far are you willing to go to save her?
Will Turner: I'd die for her.
Jack Sparrow: Oh good. No worries then.


Jack Sparrow: Parleley, parlelellyleloooo, par le nee, partner, par... snip, parsley...
Ragetti: Parley?
Jack Sparrow: That's the one. Parley. Parley.
Pintel: Parley? Damn to the depths whatever man what thought of "Parley".
Jack Sparrow: That would be the French


Mullroy: What's your purpose in Port Royal, Mr. Smith?
Murtogg: Yeah, and no lies.
Jack Sparrow: Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out.
Murtogg: I said no lies.
Mullroy: I think he's telling the truth.
Murtogg: If he were telling the truth, he wouldn't have told us.
Jack Sparrow: Unless, of course, he knew you wouldn't believe the truth even if he told it to you.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Oh Amy- I was laughing through all of these and could visualize every scene...I too love Jack Sparrow & all his lines!!! Too funny!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite one: the dishonest honestly comment! I remember you quoting this movie! Does Jack and Will come with you or stay here? I think for sure Jack needs to come, it is very cool! love you

    ReplyDelete