Saturday, July 27, 2013

We're Pregnant!!

Woody and I are having a baby!!!!



If you recall 2 posts ago, where I ovulated twice, once without the hubby.. well I thought for sure that we weren't pregnant.  So I waited very patiently for my period to come. 

Around day 40 of my cycle I got really sick.  I was constantly nauseated, cramping, and other fun things. We had people ask Woody and I if I was pregnant and we just laughed thinking no way.  I am sick too often for that to be our sign. So I continued feeling crummy and waiting for my period.  One morning while I was praying I had the unmistakable feeling that I was pregnant. I called Woody and made him buy a pregnancy test and come home so I could take it. After I took it Woody checked on the test and said it was negative, he continued to look at it and said "well maybe there might be a second line..".  But I didn't want to play that game so we threw it away and went on with the day.

I knew in my heart of hearts that I was pregnant so I decided I would take another test in the morning.  I couldn't sleep at all that night and had lots of dreams about taking the test.  I woke up at 5:00 and couldn't go back to sleep so I laid in bed until 7:00 and decided it was late enough that I could get up.  I took the test and watched it eagerly.. the second line was so faint I didn't know if I could believe it.  So I woke Woody up and sent him out for another test.  This time we bought one where the words "pregnant" or "not pregnant" would appear on the screen so there were no guesses!!

Woody watched the little screen and I watched Woody, unable to look at the test that would change our lives.  AND it said pregnant!! I always imagined I would cry at this point, but I didn't.  It was too surreal and hard to wrap our heads around.  But we were giddy and excited! And happy for a no nonsense test.



I had already made my doctors appointment to begin infertility testing, so I called up my OBGYN to switch the appointment to my first pregnancy appointment.  The lady was cute she said, "our doctors are so good you just have to make an appointment." 



I truly feel like this baby of ours is a little miracle.  A gift from our Father in Heaven and I am so grateful for my growing baby. 



I know there are so many of you struggling with having a baby and my heart literally ached for you when I could no longer travel that road with you and help you along it.  I pray for all of you (whether I know you or not) every night that you will have the strength needed to go through your journey and that in the right time, the Lord will bless you with a baby. 

My little sister is on a mission becoming a spiritual giant, in her last letter she talked about how God will make our weaknesses our strengths. I know that if you walk with God through your trials He will make you strong because of them.

4 comments:

  1. Seriously, SOOOO happy for you guys! You will both be amazing parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Amy!!! Sooo happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. waahooo we are so so excited for you guys!!! miss you like crazy!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete