Sunday, July 7, 2013

Life is Good

Woody and I have been loving life lately.  Everything about summer is my favorite.

Woody ran RAGNAR with his family 2 weekends ago?  He said that it was one of the hardest things he's ever done, very rewarding, extremely fun, and utterly exhausting.

Over all he must have had a pretty positive experience, because he's going to run the VEGAS Ragnar in November.  He said mostly he wants to because then he will get the Saints and Sinners medal.  You get 1 guess as to which state represents sinners...



I elected to stay with Woody's mom during Ragnar and help babysit the hoodlums.  Remember how much I love being an aunt?!  I love these cute nephews of mine.  We had a fun-filled day: pancakes, swimming, movie and outside play!! The boys LOVED the play in the park.  All of them did so much better at that then at the movie.

I also enjoyed the play! I loved being outside, and there is just something about seeing a play.

On Tuesday, after Ragnar, Woody and I went with his family to Provo Beach Resort.  It is a pretty happening spot. It was fun to watch them do the Flo-Rider.. but a little bit on the pricy side to participate in!

My brother in law Justin got up and got surfing!! Can't even tell that he's from Utah can ya?

Woody and Kolton found their inner kid at Provo Beach Resort.  They raced each other on the basketball game a lot a few times.

It was my BIRTHDAY! Yay me ;)

The Saturday before my B-day Woody and I went out to dinner to celebrate.  He made  friend in the Armadillo!

And we went and saw White House Down.  I really liked the movie, but told Woody there was a little too much killing.  He laughed at me and said "well what did you expect?!!"

My birthday was on Sunday.  I got to facetime with my parents.  Not the best picture of our facetime experience but I LOVE THEM! They are the best parents a girl could ask for!!

I got to wear a new dress that my MIL Tina bought for me!


And my sister and I ended up matching at my birthday dinner.  Haha we've been matching since high school.  It happens all the time!!



Lately during my scripture study I have been reading in Alma.  Alma is a book (a selection of chapters) inside the Book of Mormon.  If you do not own the Book of Mormon, you can read it be clicking here!

Alma 38:5 
And now my son, Shiblon, I would that ye should remember, that as much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trials, and your troubles, and your afflictions, and ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

Alma 14:13
And Alma said: Be it according to the will of the Lord. But, behold, our work is not finished; therefore they burn us not.


Trials are tough.  Don't ya think? I've had something that I've been praying particularly hard for lately.  And while I have prayed fervently I have decided to change the way I pray.  While I pray for the thing that I desire, I always include the prayer that the Lord's will be done.  I have also prayed for the strength for whatever comes, and to be turned into the person that the Lord would have me be.  

We all want to have our trials to be taken from us.  Sometimes they are. And sometimes we have to wait for them.  Even while we wait for them, we can have Faith, enjoy life, and stay strong in the Gospel. 

I saw a good quote on Pinterest the other day that I would like to share:

Patience isn't the ability to wait, but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment