Saturday, May 11, 2013

To the (Not-Yet) Moms

So... Some days are harder than others.  I am guessing that for a lot of us who are currently trying to get pregnant Mother's Day is one of those days.

Sadly it is a day that now reminds you of what you wish to be, and yet have not been able to become. But someday, you WILL. In one way or another.

To help you love this day and use it to celebrate your mother(s) and your future motherhood I have some thoughts for you:

One thing that has definitely changed/strengthened is my faith.

I now have the faith that when God does not grant me my desire (being pregnant) right when I want it, it is because He knows best and I have faith that His plan is so much better than my own plan.  I have the faith that He is helping me become who I was meant to be.

As I mentioned before, I've had rough days during this trial, but I have also had some really good days. I know that my good days have all come through my faith in my Father in Heaven.  The scripture below is from the Book of Mormon.  As a Mormon we believe in the truth of the Bible, but we also believe in the Book of Mormon.  I love this book, and know without a doubt of it's truth.

"And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord." Mosiah, 24:15

Turn to the Lord this day and ask Him to make your burden light.  Then, turn towards others around you and lose yourself in doing things for them.

"When ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God" Mosiah 2:17

As you go about celebrating Mother's Day with your mother(s) and the mothers around you remember that:

We have all been blessed with bodies to bear children.  Sadly, some of our bodies do not work properly in making our future babies.  This is not your fault, it is not God being angry at you, or purposefully denying you.  I know that it is hard, and consuming.  I also know that God loves you and wants the best for you.  I know that wether you have your own children or adopted children that you will love them with all your heart and that they will fulfill your life .

3 comments:

  1. Mothers day 2010 was so so so hard for me! You will have a baby! I went through the same thing for18 months and 1 miscarriage and it was so so so do hard so I totally feel your pain. Let me know if you want my fertility doctors name. He's in provo snd awesome and I got pregnant 4 months later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I read this & your previous post- thanks so much for sharing! We tried for 8 months to get pregnant with Charlotte, and although that doesn't seem very long, it felt long to me, and I know the feeling of thinking your desires are right and being confused when they don't happen. Unfortunately so many women struggle with infertility or miscarriages, way more than I ever thought. After that experience I hoped for a "surprise" baby, and boy did that happen! Haha so you never know! You & Woody will be amazing parents one day- I have no doubt you will be an amazing mom!!! Hang in there, I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any you are so sweet and amazing!! And such a good example of so much faith. You and Woody will be amazing parents some day, and I know it will be in the best timing of The Lord. Even though I'm not in the same position, your words of waiting on the Lord's timing & having him lift our burdens are such an uplifting example! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete